UK Film Festivals
One of the best ways of getting your name out there is by entering one of the many film festivals throughout the UK. Short films are generally required to be around 15 mins in length, however some festivals will accept shorts of up to 30 or 40 mins so check the entry requirements vary carefully. You can also visit http://www.filmfestivals.com for more information on upcoming film festivals.
List Updated 6th Jan 2017
- British Independent Film Festival - Festival run by independent filmmakers for independent filmmakers. A number of awards up for grabs at the Festival, including the prestigious British Lion Award for Achievement in Film on a Low Budget.
- Rushes Soho – Newcomers and established filmmakers work is screened at cinemas, screening rooms and cafes throughout Soho and Londons West End.
- Virgin Shorts – Technically a competition rather than a festival, but another great opportunity to get your work seen and name known.
- UK Film Festival – Particularly interested in filmmakers who might not have had the chance to get their work viewed publicly.
- Wimbledon Shorts - Encouraging people to find out how energising and satisfying creating your own film can be.